- 1 pck Spaghetti
- Fish head and bones
- 5 Tomatoes
- 1 Red pepper
- 1 small Onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Red wine
- Fresh oregano
- Black pepper
- Chilli flakes (if you like picante!)
- First bring a pot of seasoned water to the boil and add the fish head and bones. Boil until the meat falls off the bones, save the stock
- Dice garlic, onion, tomatoes and red pepper and saute in a pan with a tablespoon of oil. Season with salt, generous amounts of black pepper and red chilli flakes to your liking
- Add a cup of fish stock and a cup of red wine, cover and reduce the flame to a low simmer to allow the sauce to reduce, should take a good 30 -45 minutes.
- Pick the fish from the bones and leave to one side, pan fry the oysters over high heat with lemon, salt and pepper. Add both the fish and the osters to the sauce about 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, boil salted water in a large pot to cook the spaghetti. I like it “al dente” so i always take a piece out and throw it against the wall, if it sticks it's good to go!
- Drain the spaghetti, add the sauce and toss through adding fresh oregano leaves and more cracked pepper
- Serve with fresh salty costeno cheese, red wine and look out for the pearl in the pasta!