No Bake coconut Lime Slice
This is a quick and easy no-bake dessert which has proven really popular with friends and guests and makes good use of the leftover shredded coconut from making coconut rice and fresh limes harvested from the neighbours trees. Buen Provecho
- 1.5 cups of fresh shredded coconut
- 2 packets of ducales or gram crackers
- 1 can of condensed milk
- Juice and rind of 2 green limes
- Take 1 packet of crackers and place them in a bowl, crush them into crumbs
- Finely grate the rind of the two limes, add half to the cracker crumbs and set aside the rest to decorate the top
- Add the can of condensed milk and juice of the limes and combine
- Add in the shredded coconut mix well until everything is combined in a chunky dough
- Line whole crackers on the base of the recipient where you will store the cake in the freezer /fridge. Then layer the cracker dough on top. Repeat with another layer of whole crackers and then another layer of cracker dough.
- Use your fingers to poke the top layer of dough and sprinkle leftover lime rind and coconut on top to make it look pretty
- Store in the freezer and sere cold with a little slice of lime on top for good measure!